People addicted to drugs or alcohol, sometimes, often have clinical depression. This depression compromises the person’s ability to function daily resulting in; poor decision making, least social interaction, and a compromised career. Clinical depression is one of the leading causes of work disability among many people across the globe. If the situation becomes severe, a person may have poor well-being. If you or your loved one is suffering from clinical depression because of drugs then inpatient drug or alcohol rehab treatment can help you to heal.
Despite many evidence-based treatment options are available, inpatient treatment is considered to be the most effective treatment to deal with clinical depression. During the treatment psychological counseling, medication, cognitive-behavioral treatment, personal therapy, and group therapy are provided to the patient so they can learn how to function effectively within their illness.
Chemical Dependency: Addiction and Depression
In most cases, clinical depression is the result of drug and alcohol abuse to escape the real world or negative emotions. In many cases, depression occurs after years of chemical imbalance. Because chemical dependency and depression exist together, it is not possible to tackle one issue and ignore the other. Any of it can cause relapse, thus, inpatient drug detox provides the complete treatment to deal with both health conditions, and show you the most comfortable path to healing.
During your inpatient treatment, you will be staying in the supervised environment having doctors, nurses, and therapists around. The medical staff will be there to make sure you get complete care and help to recover from your addiction and depression. A customized treatment plan is designed to effectively deal with withdrawal and relapse. Also, prescribed medication is given to diagnose the mental (if necessary).
At the time of your stay, you will get a chance to meet other people suffering from the same disorder, and continuously working to recover. This will boost up your confidence, and encourage you to get better faster. Also, you will be no more surrounded by the people or places that tempt you to consume drugs or alcohol. Or, the reasons for your depression. So, take a break from the stressful life, and give yourself a chance to happily, healthily, and soberly all over again.
Signs that you need help
It is not easy to determine whether a person is suffering from addiction, or has become the victim of clinical depression. Many people don’t even realize how serious the situation is until something worse happens in their life. To know whether you are suffering from clinical depression or not, check for the following symptoms:
- Feeling overwhelmed and lost all the time.
- Not leaving home for a few days.
- Isolating yourself from family and friends.
- The feeling of melancholy, lethargy, and persistent fatigue.
- Unable to feel excitement or happiness about anything in life.
- Is a regular eating pattern.
- Dramatic weight gain or loss.
- Unpredictable mood swings.
- Self-doubt, regrets, and questioning your existence.
- Feeling helpless all the time.
- Suicidal thoughts.
Clinical depression is a serious mental disorder, it is more than just feeling down or sometimes depressed. It is also categorized as a mental disorder that changes all aspects of life. A person suffering from clinical depression may be unable to function every day, lose all the interest they enjoy in their life. Addiction to substance abuse and alcohol often caused this problem, if you think you are suffering from clinical depression you must visit the nearby Drug Detox center and get all the help you need. The only rehab can help you to get out of the situation, and live the rest of your life depression-free, and healthy.
Inpatient Treatment Program
Inpatient treatment programs can vary from rehab to rehab. You can check the nearby South Dakota rehab options to figure out which one is best for you. The first step to recovery should be; scheduling a preliminary appointment with the medical professional in rehab. The medical experts will assess your level of addiction, and your causes of depression, so they can help you with the right treatment plan appropriate for your medical condition.
Many private Alcohol Rehab inpatient facilities provide higher levels of customized care. “In most treatment programs, patients speak regularly with their counselors and medical team, with whom they come up with a personalized treatment plan”, says Mat Gorman, CEO at Nova Recovery Center. So if you go for the treatment, you can ask yourself about the treatment plan. Depending upon the Rehab facility, the medical treatment team may include staff members like licensed addiction treatment therapists, medical counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and other medical staff. Different therapies and sessions are organized to help the person to overcome their addiction and it is a stress-free life.
- You can join the yoga sessions, or become a part of group therapy, or even indulge yourself in some playing activities to stay healthy and fit. The treatment program will also take care of your health and design your diet plan accordingly.
- If your mental condition is severe, then the treatment team can also suggest some medications like an Antidepressant deal with the chemical in balance in your body causing the depression. Anti-anxiety medications are also prescribed to patients who have an anxiety disorder for existing panic disorder. Intramuscular ketamine treatments have been very helpful in this sense.
- Group therapies and individual therapy sessions are organized for the patients to help them to work upon their emotional, and mental issues; including traumatic events, phobia, low self-esteem, emotional pain, anxiety, and more. The therapies help the patient to overcome these problems and live a healthy life.
Find the best Rehab program nearby you
If you feel that you are becoming an addict, or discover clinical depression symptoms in yourself, then you must go for inpatient rehab treatment. It is the first and foremost right step you can take in the direction to become sober and mentally healthy to live a normal life. All you need is to find our Alcohol Rehab in Austin that also offers mental health services.
So, find the best rehab and let the medical experts help you to recover faster.