The party days may be over with salmon croutons and tangerine punch, but the art of entertaining guests is always all the rage. If you are planning a reception, formal or informal, and you don’t know how to get started, this article could help you. It’s easier than it looks; with a little organization, good food, drinks, lots of conversation topics, and some recreational activities during the party, you will be able to really entertain your guests. Go to watch free Movies at 123 movies and the party will be a success.
If, on the other hand, you are looking to make people laugh and entertain them in that sense, read this article.
5 Step Preparations
1. Arrange the space for the party. Start organizing the place where you will hold the reception. You will probably have to move furniture to offer plenty of space for your guests, whether standing or seated so that they can have a friendly conversation. You may also want to consider setting up a separate quiet area for those who need some quiet time.
- Try to divide a large space into several small areas, so you encourage conversation between small groups that normally form at receptions.
- If you have limited space, move the furniture to the outer edges as much as possible, or put the excess furniture in a room that will not be used.
2. Tidy up and clean the area. Once space is organized the way you wanted it, start cleaning. You need to make a good impression on your guests. What you need to clean depends on the location you have chosen, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take out the trash and other items that can emit a pungent odor.
- Vacuum and scrub the floors.
- Clean the glass and windows.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen and bathroom.
3. Remember to clean those corners that are usually left out or forgotten. There are many places that are often overlooked, and a party is a great excuse for a “spring cleaning”. Try to be thorough, collect items you generally leave around the house and be sure to clean any spaces left free by the furniture you have moved.
- For example, many people forget to clean under the toilet seat. Women may not notice this, but men do!
- Another forgotten spot is the front yard or garden. This is the first place in your home that guests see and is your chance for a good first impression. For this reason, you need to make sure it is tidy, clean, and good-looking.
- Don’t forget the inside of the refrigerator. The guests will open it for drinks and it is not the case that they see the dry juices of the steak on the shelves!
4. Remove any items you don’t want to be at the party venue. Now that everything is clean you need to do a mental checklist and decide if there are any items that need to be moved. There are many reasons why you would not want to keep certain items where the reception will take place. For example, delicate and precious glassware or other fragile objects. Store this in a safe place until the party is over.
- For example, in the living room, there may be your grandfather’s precious pocket watch. If you don’t know all the people who will be attending the party, perhaps it would be better to store it in a less obvious place.
5. added some decoration. Once the venue is well organized and clean, you can add some finishing touches to impress guests. In this regard, the decorations will be of great help to you. You could use the ribbons you used for your birthday or Halloween spider webs, but don’t just think of that for decorations. There are many options available.
- For example, is the party to say hello to a friend who is moving away? The theme for the decorations could be where he will go so that he understands that you will always be with him even if only in spirit.