You have seen vinyl lettering on glasses many times before, and the beauty is really hard to beat. Now you want to try it on your own, and that is possible. You just need to follow some success tips, and you are good to go. So, without wasting any more of your precious time, you should move forward with the tips to follow while placing vinyl letters on the glass surface, especially a wine glass.
The right design:
First of all, you need to pick the right design. You just want the silhouette design to be of the right size. In case it is too big, you might find it difficult to get it straight on the glass. So, it is always better to opt for the simple and small lettering option to start off with.
- In case you are trying to add a monogram to the glass, it is always easier to cut the letters separately in place of welding them together. Smaller designs are always easier for you to position without any trouble of warping, bubbling, or even wrinkling.
- If you have the phrase in mind that you want to portray, it is time to look for the various designs online. Check out all the designs with the same phrases while you Google that and get an idea of what you want on the glass.
Always the right vinyl sheet for wine glasses:
There are various kinds of vinyl sheets used for lettering. So, if you have a particular base in mind, like a wine glass, then choose the right vinyl for it. It is always better to cut on the permanent outdoor vinyl for that, as the Oracle 651.
- This vinyl is perfect and can withstand washing by hand as well.
- The strong adhesive right on the back of this sheet will give it a better stick, which makes it perfect for smaller designs.
- You can even opt for a pack of Oracle 651 vinyl from any e-commerce store, and that will work well for you.
- But, make sure to check out the prices if you don’t want to invest unnecessary money on the stickers.
The next steps to follow:
Once you have the sheet and design handy, it is time to cut the design, weed it and then get it ready to be applied to the wine glass. However, before you opt for this step, don’t forget to fill the glass with water. It helps your glass to stay stable whenever you are placing the letters on it. Moreover, the water line is a guaranteed straight line, which you need for reference. So, fill up the glass to that line only where you want to place the letters. Most people will usually use painter’s tape. However, that will be of great risk while dealing with a wine glass. So, filling up the glass with water is a great call.
In no time, you will have the vinyl letters placed right on the wine glass. Get experts for some extra advice on that.